JOB TITLE: Project Finance Officer
STATUS: part-time (60%) 8 month contract (May -December)
REPORTS TO: Head of Programmes
LOCATION: EPF Office, Chaussée d’Etterbeek, 1040 Etterbeeku
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was founded in 2003 to ensure that the patients’community drives policies and programmes that affect patients’ lives to bring changes empowering them to be equal citizens in the EU. EPF currently represents 75 national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level, and. EPF reflects the voice of an estimated
150 million patients affected by various chronic diseases throughout Europe. EPF’s vision for the future is that all patients with chronic and/or lifelong conditions in the EU have access to high quality, patient-centred equitable health and social care. The EPF strategic goals focus on areas such as health literacy, healthcare design and delivery,patient involvement, patient empowerment, sustainable patients’ organisations and non-discrimination.
The Project Finance Officer supports the day to day administration of EPF’s finances of EU-funded projects.
Daily financial administration
• Monitors project income and cashflow liquidity;
• Monitor project budgets versus actual spent with relevant budget owners;
• Monitor monthly timesheets and review the summary reports;
• Management of project financial documents in line with EPF procedures;
• Liaise regularly with the finance department to ensure alignment;
• Process project-related invoices and expense claims (including electronic archiving) in line with internal procedures;
• Prepare audit-proof Project financial reports;
• Liaising with external auditors;
• Train the staff on basic rules of project financial management
• Train the staff on timesheets reporting
• Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of projects’ financial performance against budget
• Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
Other tasks to advance the effectiveness and efficiency of EPF as an organisation.
Internal: All team members
• EPF President and Board
• External Accountant
• External Auditors
• A degree or professional qualification in project financial management;
• At least 3 years of experience in a similar role;
• Experience in working within an NGO environment, with experience of public grants;
• Demonstrable knowledge of general and analytical accounting;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Strong planning and organisational skills;
• Proven commitment to high professional ethical standards and diversity and learning
in the workplace;
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
• Fluent spoken and written English, French is desirable;
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and database tool
Personal qualities and attributes
• Demonstrable commitment to the vision and the mission of the European Patients’ Forum
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.